Exploring Marsden Moor, W. Yorkshire

It has been such a long time since my last post and I have to apologise for the delay but it has been down to one of those creative block moments as well as moving into an old weavers cottage close to Slaithwaite in West Yorkshire. Having finally settled in and work progressing rather well, it was time to pick up the camera and start my exploration of this varied landscape from weaving mills, canals and locks to small vibrant villages as well as the vast moorlands of Marsden and Saddleworth. A journey into the new and unknown !.

Comments

1. Cornelia
    March 10, 2017, 3:09 am

Nice to see you back here, James with an amazing B&W, you have beautiful gray zones.

• April 29, 2017, 11:54 am

A really massive apology Cornelia for the delay in getting back to you and what can a say….your comment has wrapped me up in a warm glow… Always a pleasure to hear from you and a thanks for the continued interest in my work.

2. March 10, 2017, 12:49 am

Wonderfully captured – I feel like I could be standing right there, contemplating the scene and the environment surrounding me. Totally get the creative block issue, too.

• April 29, 2017, 11:53 am

It is lovely to hear from you and a huge thanks for you comment and that it can invoke such a feeling. Many thanks regarding my recent creative down turn. I am certainly beginning to get back up again and looking to turn it around. Best regards, James

3. March 10, 2017, 12:31 am

Beautiful image James. Love the B&W treatment. There is a great balance in the composition. Wonderful. Wishing you the best on your new endeavor. -Mike

• April 29, 2017, 11:50 am

Always a pleasure to hear from you Mike and I have to offer a huge apology for the late reply. I do hope all is well with you and yours and that I can finally catch up with the posts I have missed. Once again many thanks for the great comment and I am sure we will catch up soon.

4. March 09, 2017, 3:46 pm

To: J.
    From: R.
    P.S. So many smiles. But…you already knew that.

• April 29, 2017, 11:48 am

Have a grin as wide as the ocean……mmm spitting out fish now as I think abut what I have just written. Always smiling when I hear from you. Best wishes, J.