1. December 20, 2016, 9:56 am

These images bring back a trip I did long time ago when a group of friends and I rented a canal boat and went along the canals in England. The photos are lovely, full of atmosphere and beauty.

• December 23, 2016, 11:55 am

Oh wow! Thanks so very much Otto for such a comment, to think that my work has invoked such a lovely memory. I have to say it is something I shall be contemplating doing during a weekend in spring, a trip along the back waters of England, well certainly Yorkshire. Here’s wishing you the very best for a lovely Christmas and a very Happy, peaceful and prosperous new year.

2. December 17, 2016, 11:03 pm

Excellent set, James. The second shot has wonderful perspective. So as I wander the canals of Manchester, you’re doing the same across the Pennines!

• December 23, 2016, 11:51 am

Phew! so glad that you like my foray into the urban world Mike and it would seem that great minds think alike…….as I wondered lonely as a cloud. Here’s wishing you a really marvellous Christmas and a Happy, loving and prosperous New Year.

3. December 17, 2016, 1:53 pm

Wonderful series of images James. I love the story of the canal as you travel along it. There are also great groupings of images as you explore different aspects of the same scene. Great work as always. Wishing you the best as we head toward the holidays. Cheers! –Mike

• December 23, 2016, 11:47 am

A huge thanks Mike and it is somewhere I am sure that I shall be exploring again, although I have found a terrific stretch of call near Huddersfield in West Yorkshire, with several locks and boat building yards. MMM! a project for the spring. Always a pleasure to hear from you and I do hope that you and yours have a terrific holiday and that you have good health, happiness and prosperity in the coming year. Best regards, James

4. December 17, 2016, 1:19 pm

Lovely images as always; my favorite is the fifth one down that leads the eye into the scene then down (up?) the canal and back to the left…

Happy Holidays!