Kitchen Utensils on a wet day

MMM!
Even I have to admit to defeat in venturing outside as the rain hammers against the windows and lashes the decking in the garden. So I thought of experimenting with something closer to home.
The shot was taken using a second-hand Pentax 50mm f1.7 lens and then processed in two completely different ways and personally I prefer the faded colour version. Which do you like? as I would love to know as to whether I should be trying either technique in the future, just in case the UK will be having more rain-sodden days…..lol

fadedutensilscolour9592jdtaylor copy

fadedutensils9592jdtaylor

1. January 31, 2015, 5:53 pm

I love the sleepy look of the faded shot which has just enough colour so typical of the English winter. Not that the weather outside has anything to do with what’s in the frame. Both great shots!

• February 08, 2015, 11:57 am

Smiling and grinning as I read your comment and many many thanks. It is still very much at the experimental stages but I am sure that I will be using the process again very soon.

2. January 28, 2015, 9:41 pm

Love both! The image in color adds character and warmth. Nice work!

• February 08, 2015, 11:53 am

Thanks very much Robyn and I have to say that at sometime in the future I am sure to experiment further with this idea of faded images

3. January 28, 2015, 12:41 pm

What a great photo, and such a tough choice I love both versions. The faded color one does have a really nice feel to it! 🙂

• February 08, 2015, 11:51 am

Thanks very much Elina. I too prefer the faded version but it is still very much a process at the experimental stage for me

4. January 28, 2015, 11:30 am

I love the Black and White better, I’m a a nut when it comes to b/w

5. January 28, 2015, 11:08 am

I’m currently experimenting with the faded picture look, and I like yours. However, on first sight I liked the black & white better 🙂

• January 28, 2015, 12:32 pm

Thanks very much Kiki and I look forward to popping over sand seeing your experiments too.