What ! No blue sky

1. June 27, 2014, 10:25 pm

There’s something crazy about this juxtaposition of color / black and white – the unusual can often sharpen our senses and attention!

• July 13, 2014, 5:20 pm

I am pleased you like it and many thanks for visiting my work.

2. June 23, 2014, 12:08 am

This is magnificent, James.

3. June 22, 2014, 12:04 am

Amazing view!

• July 13, 2014, 5:10 pm

Many thanks Elizabeth. It is a landscape where you can not but be in awe of. The vast landscape and huge skies…..a real joy for any photographer/hiker

4. June 21, 2014, 10:32 am

Brilliant photo! Fantastic clouds.

• July 13, 2014, 5:08 pm

A huge thanks Peter. How are the prints coming along for the forth coming show in London?

• July 13, 2014, 9:54 pm

My pleasure James; those clouds are terrific!

• July 13, 2014, 10:10 pm

James I keep trying to reply to your other post but cannot send it?? So I copy and pasted it in here instead! 🙂
        Hi James long time no see! I hope you’re ok.
        Metro was super expensive so I shopped about a bit and found a really good lab but not as pricey. It’s been a bit nerve racking I have to admit. Got a new iMac and spent another 163£ buying a calibrator (my old one only had pc software and I couldn’t get mac software as out of date) but now whats printing is very close to whats on screen. Did a few 24×16’s to test and they came out great so now 30 more plus frames = get a new credit card! 😉
        I hope you’ll be in London at some time during August?? and if so please let me know so I can make sure I’m there.

5. June 21, 2014, 8:43 am

Haha, cool play with desaturation!

6. June 21, 2014, 8:41 am

Lovely, it pulls out the cloud drama wonderfully

7. June 21, 2014, 8:00 am

Wow, what a strong image.! It evokes some great energy within me, it’s like it opens my eyes to something great! Thank you for sharing , James, hope all is well with you.

• July 13, 2014, 5:06 pm

I am really on the mend now Cornelia and many thanks for asking. The vast sky and the open fields across the South Downs really invited me to process this image in this way. The large voluminous clouds creating strong shadows on the fertile fields…oh my I am getting all lyrical. Any way you know what I mean. The vast open landscape, the camera in hand, wind in the face and the occasional ray of sunshine. A photographers dream…