1. October 03, 2013, 9:04 pm

Incredible ! We have the same coast in France. I was born in Northen France and your picture remains me of Northern French Coats 🙂 Do you know Le Cap Blanc and Le Cap Gris Nez? Have a nice week-end James!

• October 05, 2013, 10:28 am

Oh wow! It is so lovely to hear from you Marie-Charlotte and how is married life??? It is great to know you are posting new stories/post. You have mentioned about where you were born and the area of Northern France and I honestly have to say this is an area especially Le Cap Blanc that I have not discovered. It looks so familiar with the chalk cliffs and sandy beaches. Once again many many thanks Marie-Charlotte for you comment et Bon Weekend.

• October 05, 2013, 10:56 am

When you are on Le Cap Blanc Nez (and the weather is good ;)), you can see the english coast. My married life is fun and we’re preparing our honeymoon to West America (next year). Have a nice week-end !

2. October 02, 2013, 3:17 pm

So beautiful… It’s amazing the power of an image. I can hear the waves, the wind, the seagulls and the fizzing noise of the water on the pebbles. 🙂

• October 03, 2013, 11:10 am

It is lovely to hear from you Jocelyne and to think that my image can invoke such a reaction is very flattering indeed.

3. September 23, 2013, 1:18 pm

Erosion in action – what a spectacular shot!

• September 24, 2013, 9:08 am

Thanks very much Patti and the erosion of this coastline is astounding. Since living here only a couple of years I have noticed the significant changes in the form of the cliffs and the large rock falls that occur due to exfoliation and water erosion on the chalky South Downs.

4. September 21, 2013, 7:31 am

Ces falaises me font penser Ă  la cathĂ©drale d’Albi…
    Bon week-end !

• September 21, 2013, 11:51 am

Merci beaucoup pour votre commentaire et je peux voir ce que vous entendez sur cette falaise Ă©tant très catherdal comme en apparence avec sa grande Ă©chelle et les contreforts faisant saillie sur la plage. J’espère que vous aussi vous avez un merveilleux week-end.

5. September 20, 2013, 11:20 pm

Wonderful shot!

• September 21, 2013, 11:46 am

Many many thanks! It was an exhilarating hour or so of photography and enjoying the light show as the siun danced across the cliff face.

6. September 20, 2013, 9:35 am

Yes, and even coffee aren’t really needed to be awakened with a view like that!
    Have a lovely day too, James!

7. September 20, 2013, 12:54 am

Spectacular!! Reminds me of the poem…

“A wet sheet and a flowing sea,
    A wind that follows fast,
    And fills the white and rustling sail,
    And bends the gallant mast;
    And bends the gallant mast, my boys,
    While, like the eagle free,
    Away the good ship flies, and leaves
    Old England on the lee.”

Allan Cunningham

• September 21, 2013, 11:44 am

Wow! Thank you so much for such a lovely comment and introducing me to Allan Cunningham’s work as I am sure to discover more. Once again many thanks and I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

8. September 19, 2013, 5:52 pm

I am in love with this composition. I can’t stop looking at how beautiful it looks. And the clouds bring something extra special to this photo

• September 21, 2013, 11:42 am

Kay it is lovely to hear from you and thank you so much for such a wonderful comment. Secretly I too am pleased with this image as it was very much an hour or so of getting exceptionally wet feet, soggy trousers and shooting 68 shots in all. But in saying this, it was great fun and exhilarating competing against the incoming tide and the winds.Hope you have a great weekend.

9. September 19, 2013, 11:16 am

What a beautiful sight, james. It must be lovely to stay there.
    I wish you a fine day. Greetings Geert

• September 19, 2013, 11:45 am

Thanks Geert and it is a marvellous place and I am lucky to have this with walking distance of my home. In fact here is a wonderful B&B only 10 mins walk along from this Beach. Hope you too have an enjoyable day. regards, James